Venture Automation Engineer
Venture Engineering recognizes that in order to better serve our clients, we need to employ the best and the brightest engineering professionals. Please fill out the provided form and send us your full cover letter and resume (instructions on the right) so we can consider how your talents will best fit our team.
Automation Engineer Description
Title: Automation Engineer
Reports To: Vice President, Las Vegas
Primary Purpose of the Job: Responsible for designing and implementing high levels of automation in industrial applications. The Engineer will be required to specify, program, install, and troubleshoot automation systems.
- Developing control system architecture, panel design drawings, instrument data sheets, IO drawings, programming and HMI configuration using Allen Bradley and Rockwell software architecture. On-Site Support including systems configuration and implementation, troubleshooting, preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Perform complete I/O checks on all equipment attached to the PLC and fix any wiring, HMI, or programming errors in a timely manner.
- Develop procedures for use and train operators
- Configure Allen Bradley networks via RS Linx Classic and RS Linx Enterprise to communicate through Ethernet IP, ControlNet, and DeviceNet for processor and HMI data flow.
Required Education: 4-year engineering or computer science degree or other relative degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in automation and programming
- PLC/DCS experience is a MUST
- PLC experience: Rockwell Compact Logix, Toolkit, Panelview HMI, Modicon, GE
- DCS experience: Provox, DeltaV, Honeywell, TDC/PKS, ABB
- Experience in industrial setting
- Waste water treatment experience a plus.
- Hands on problem solving skills
- Control panel design
- IO and programming
- Panel configuration, power distribution, control room plans, module wiring, electrical area classifications, functional control specifications.
- Serve as customer interface
- Commissioning and startup experience a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel is required
- Ability to develop and implement new approaches and solutions to problems
- Excellent Work Ethic
- Focus/Attention to Detail
- Team Player
- Excellent Mentor and Trainer
Comply with all Venture Policies, professional conduct, and engineering practice ethical standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent will work primarily in an office environment and will be required to sit for extended periods of time and move between offices and buildings as needed. Incumbent will be required to use a computer with keyboard, telephone or handheld mobile device for extended periods of time, and office machinery as needed. Incumbent will be required to independently travel to outside construction, meeting, and event locations.
Incumbent must be able to see, hear, speak, and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work location is a climate controlled indoor office. Incumbent will be expected to work in several projects/assignments simultaneously and may need to work outside of core operating hours as requested. Travel to outside locations will expose the incumbent to weather conditions.
Email, mail, or fax your full resume to the contact information below.
- Venture Engineering
- Attn: Human Resources
- 8329 W. Sunset Road
- Suite 210
- Las Vegas, NV 89113
- Phone: 702-891-0026
- Fax: 702-891-0229
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org