Civil/Structural Designer II
Venture Engineering recognizes that in order to better serve our clients, we need to employ the best and the brightest engineering professionals. Please fill out the provided form and send us your full cover letter and resume (instructions on the right) so we can consider how your talents will best fit our team.
Civil/Structural Designer II Description
Title: Civil/Structural Designer II
Reports To: Manager of Civil/Structural
Primary Job Purpose: Performs assignments designed to develop technical knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related CAD / technical tasks.
The Civil/Structural Designer II is a junior to mid-level position for a degreed designer or engineer working under direct supervision. Among the essential duties are to participate in training experiences, learn new skills, and to demonstrate increasing proficiency and expertise with the Essential Duties listed below. Years of experience do not guarantee promotion to a higher level, rather mastery of engineering skills will determine progression to higher levels.
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of a more experienced designer.
- Work under the supervision of a senior designer or engineer.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Prepares structural and site development design drawings of civil facilities for assigned industrial, commercial, and public sector engineering projects on AutoCAD.
- Performs construction management and field engineering duties on field construction projects as assigned.
- Coordinate with other designers and seek senior assistance when required.
- Coordinate with other engineering discipline designs, such as Piping/Mechanical and Electrical.
- Use Deltek for completion of weekly time reports and expense statements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Engineering or Construction Technology and computer aided design (CAD).
Required Licenses or Certificates:
- Valid driver’s license for state of residence.
- Valid passport or the ability to get one.
- Valid major credit card for travel expenses (reimbursed monthly based on expense account submittal).
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of design experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Prior experience in the engineering field preferred.
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Work Ethic
- Focus/Attention to Detail
Comply with all Venture Policies, professional conduct, and engineering practice ethical standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent will work primarily in an office environment and will be required to sit for extended periods of time and move between offices and buildings as needed. Incumbent will be required to use a computer with keyboard, telephone or handheld mobile device for extended periods of time, and office machinery as needed. Incumbent will be required to independently travel to outside construction, meeting, and event locations.
Incumbent must be able to see, hear, speak, and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work location is a climate controlled indoor office. Incumbent will be expected to work in several projects/assignments simultaneously and may need to work outside of core operating hours as requested. Travel to outside locations will expose the incumbent to weather conditions.
Safety Hazards of the Job:
- Majority of work is under general office conditions. There will be plant site visits for information gathering at industrial facilities both operating and under construction.
- Proper safety training and supervision will be provided but personal responsibility for safety is paramount.
Email, mail, or fax your full resume to the contact information below.
- Venture Engineering
- Attn: Human Resources
- 100 Global View Dr
- Suite 600
- Warrendale, Pa. 15086
- Phone: 412-231-5890
- Fax: 412-231-5891
- Email: email@example.com