Civil/Structural Engineer III
Venture Engineering recognizes that in order to better serve our clients, we need to employ the best and the brightest engineering professionals. Please send us your full cover letter and resume (instructions on the right) so we can consider how your talents will best fit our team.
Structural Engineer III Description
Title: Civil/Structural Engineer Level III
Reports To: Manager – Civil/Structural Engineering
The primary purpose of this position is to provide design, calculations, analysis and other activities related to civil and/or structural engineering.
The Civil/Structural Engineer III is a mid-level position for a degreed engineer working under the direct supervisor of an Engineer IV or a Department Manager. Among the essential duties are to participate in training experiences, learn new skills, and to demonstrate increasing proficiency and expertise with the Essential Duties listed below. Years of experience do not guarantee promotion to a higher level, rather mastery of engineering skills will determine progression to higher levels.
- Perform assignments to develop professional knowledge and abilities in support of a project team.
- Perform calculations for site development, structural steel members and/or concrete foundations..
- Develop working knowledge of ACI/AISC/IBC/ASCE Codes and Standards, as well as ASTM and other industry standards.
- Prepare specifications and technical reports requiring review and oversight of Engineer IV or Department Manager.
- Design drawing preparation and review/work with designers.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Support and direct designers.
- Communicate with customers and attend project meeting both in and out of the office.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering man hour estimates and proposals.
Required Education/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- E.I.T. Certification Required.
- PE Preferred (Obtain PE within 2 years of employment date).
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the engineering field required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, STAAD, RISA, AutoCAD and other structural and civil engineering software.
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Work Ethic
- Focus/Attention to Detail
Comply with all Venture Policies, professional conduct, and engineering practice ethical standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent will work primarily in an office environment and will be required to sit for extended periods of time and move between offices and buildings as needed. Incumbent will be required to use a computer with keyboard, telephone or handheld mobile device for extended periods of time, and office machinery as needed. Incumbent will be required to independently travel to outside construction, meeting, and event locations.
Incumbent must be able to see, hear, speak, and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work location is a climate controlled indoor office. Incumbent will be expected to work in several projects/assignments simultaneously and may need to work outside of core operating hours as requested. Travel to outside locations will expose the incumbent to weather conditions.
Safety Hazards of the Job:
- Majority of work is under general office conditions. There will be plant site visits for information gathering at industrial facilities both operating and under construction.
- Proper safety training and supervision will be provided but personal responsibility for safety is paramount.
Email, mail, or fax your full resume to the contact information below.
- Venture Engineering
- Attn: Human Resources
- 100 Global View Dr.
- Suite 600
- Warrendale, PA 15086
- Phone: 412-231-5890
- Fax: 412-231-5891
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org