Instrument & Electrical Designer II
Venture Engineering recognizes that in order to better serve our clients, we need to employ the best and the brightest engineering professionals. Please fill out the provided form and send us your full cover letter and resume (instructions on the right) so we can consider how your talents will best fit our team.
Instrument & Electrical Designer II Description
Title: Instrument & Electrical Designer II
Reports To: Department Manager
Primary Job Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to perform computer aided drafting (CAD) and design, applying standard drafting methods, techniques, and procedures. Able to act independently or lead a team of designers, organizing the required work. May specialize in one or more areas of I&E design.
- Ability to use AutoCAD software and advanced features such as AutoCAD Electrical. Demonstrate knowledge of job management.
- Ability to organize required work to complete a project and direct other designers in this process.
- Detailed knowledge of electrical plans (A/G and U/G), conduit details, wiring schematics, one-lines, loop drawings, panel design, and instrument installation details.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70 (National Electric Code) and familiarity with international standards (IEC).
- Plan drawing issues and transmittals to meet project schedules.
- Help with estimating and proposal work.
- Lead fact-finding field trips.
- Participate in training to improve skill set and develop abilities for advancement.
- Ability to use company software packages for timesheets, expense reports, project document control, and drawing management.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if required. May involve extended site time for startup duties.
- Ability to perform required field work such as climb stairs and ladders, wear required safety gear, pass plant safety training and drug testing.
- Associate’s degree in an accredited CAD program with some focus on electrical design or equal.
Required Licenses or Certificates:
- Valid driver’s license for state of residence.
- Valid passport or the ability to get one.
- Valid major credit card for travel expenses (reimbursed monthly based on expense account submittal).
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of job-related experience specific to electrical and instrument design.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical.
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Multi-task
- Work Ethic
- Focus/Attention to Detail
- Project Management
Comply with all Venture Policies, professional conduct, and engineering practice ethical standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent will work primarily in an office environment and will be required to sit for extended periods of time and move between offices and buildings as needed. Incumbent will be required to use a computer with keyboard, telephone or handheld mobile device for extended periods of time, and office machinery as needed. Incumbent will be required to independently travel to outside construction, meeting, and event locations.
Incumbent must be able to see, hear, speak, and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work location is a climate controlled indoor office. Incumbent will be expected to work in several projects/assignments simultaneously and may need to work outside of core operating hours as requested. Travel to outside locations will expose the incumbent to weather conditions.
Email, mail, or fax your full resume to the contact information below.
- Venture Engineering
- Attn: Human Resources
- 100 Global View Dr
- Suite 600
- Warrendale, Pa. 15086
- Phone: 412-231-5890
- Fax: 412-231-5891
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org