Mechanical/Piping Engineer III
Venture Engineering recognizes that in order to better serve our clients, we need to employ the best and the brightest engineering professionals. Please fill out the provided form and send us your full cover letter and resume (instructions on the right) so we can consider how your talents will best fit our team.
Mechanical/Piping Engineer III Description
Title: Mechanical/Piping Engineer III
Reports To: Process Engineering Leader
Department: Process Engineering
Primary Job Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to provide design, HVAC equipment and system sizing, calculations, pipe stress analysis and other activities related to mechanical, HVAC and piping engineering.
- Perform assignments to develop professional knowledge and abilities in support of a project team.
- Prepare and/or review of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), equipment specifications, data sheets, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Perform and review calculations, including but not limited to pump sizing, pressure drop, pipe stress, relief valve and header sizing, valve and insulation selection, steam and condensate equipment sizing.
- Perform HVAC equipment and system sizing, including but not limited to air handling equipment, chillers, cooling towers, boilers and terminal equipment.
- Perform duct static pressure drop calculations, fan sizing, and duct sizing. Perform heating and cooling load calculations.
- Develop working knowledge of ASHRAE Manuals, and the ACGIH Industrial Ventilation Manual.
- Develop working knowledge of ASME piping and pressure vessel codes, ASTM and other industry standards.
- Prepare specifications and technical reports.
- Support designers.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- E.I.T. Certification Preferred.
Required Licenses or Certificates:
- Valid driver’s license for state of residence.
- Valid passport or the ability to get one.
- Valid major credit card for travel expenses (reimbursed monthly based on expense account submittal).
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in the engineering field. Engineer could have more experience but this does not guarantee promotion to higher level. Engineering capabilities will dictate engineering level category. Additional experience working as owner’s engineer is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and piping design.
- Knowledge of Caesar II software.
- Prior experience with HVAC heating and cooling load software programs preferred.
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Multi-task
- Work Ethic
- Focus/Attention to Detail
Comply with all Venture Policies, professional conduct, and engineering practice ethical standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent will work primarily in an office environment and will be required to sit for extended periods of time and move between offices and buildings as needed. Incumbent will be required to use a computer with keyboard, telephone or handheld mobile device for extended periods of time, and office machinery as needed. Incumbent will be required to independently travel to outside construction, meeting, and event locations.
Incumbent must be able to see, hear, speak, and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work location is a climate controlled indoor office. Incumbent will be expected to work in several projects/assignments simultaneously and may need to work outside of core operating hours as requested. Travel to outside locations will expose the incumbent to weather conditions.
Safety Hazards of the Job:
- Majority of work is under general office conditions. There will be plant site visits for information gathering at industrial facilities both operating and under construction.
- Proper safety training and supervision will be provided but personal responsibility for safety is paramount.
Email, mail, or fax your full resume to the contact information below.
- Venture Engineering
- Attn: Human Resources
- 100 Global View Dr
- Suite 600
- Warrendale, Pa. 15086
- Phone: 412-231-5890
- Fax: 412-231-5891
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org