Process Engineer IV
Venture Engineering recognizes that in order to better serve our clients, we need to employ the best and the brightest engineering professionals. Please send us your full cover letter and resume (instructions on the right) so we can consider how your talents will best fit our team.
Process Engineer IV Description
Title: Process Engineer IV
Reports To: Process Engineering Leader
Department: Process Engineering
The primary purpose of this position is to provide design, calculations and other design activities related to process engineering and to review the work of junior to mid-level degreed engineers.
- Perform assignments to develop professional knowledge and abilities in support of a project team.
- Prepare and/or review of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), equipment specifications, data sheets, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Perform and review calculations including, but not limited to, material and energy balances, tank and vessel sizing, pump and compressor sizing, heat exchanger sizing, relief valve and header sizing, drain and vent sizing, pressure drop, and pipe stress.
- Prepare and review specifications and technical reports.
- Review and edit drawings prepared by designers, co-ops, interns, and engineers.
- Manage discipline-specific tasks and small projects, adhering to established budgets and schedules.
- Train and mentor junior level engineers.
- Continue Professional Development.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- P.E. Certification Preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in the engineering field. Engineer could have more experience but this does not guarantee promotion to higher level. Engineering capabilities will dictate engineering level category. Additional experience working as owner’s engineer is preferred but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient with ChemCAD or Aspen modeling software.
- 2+ years of design experience in the landfill gas, oil & gas, chemicals, energy and manufacturing industries.
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Multi-task
- Work Ethic
- Focus/Attention to Detail
- Technical Ability
Comply with all Venture Policies, professional conduct, and engineering practice ethical standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent will work primarily in an office environment and will be required to sit for extended periods of time and move between offices and buildings as needed. Incumbent will be required to use a computer with keyboard, telephone or handheld mobile device for extended periods of time, and office machinery as needed. Incumbent will be required to independently travel to outside construction, meeting, and event locations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work location is a climate controlled indoor office. Incumbent will be expected to work in several projects/assignments simultaneously and may need to work outside of core operating hours as requested. Travel to outside locations will expose the incumbent to weather conditions.
Email, mail, or fax your full resume to the contact information below.
- Venture Engineering
- Attn: Human Resources
- 100 Global View Dr
- Suite 600
- Warrendale, Pa. 15086
- Phone: 412-231-5890
- Fax: 412-231-5891
- Email: email@example.com