IMPORTANT — PLEASE READ:
Venture believes that the User Forum can be a valuable place for Jenbacher lean burn engine users to exchange information, to learn from one another, and to discuss ideas and improvements related to Jenbacher products and services and related technology. Like any such community, the User Forum is most valuable when everyone follows certain basic guidelines and rules of conduct. These Terms of Service and the User Forum Guidelines set forth these Rules and Guidelines so that you know what is expected of you and what you can expect from other participants when using the User Forum.
At Venture, we want the User Forum to be appropriate, friendly, informative, safe and fun for all of our users. We want our users to utilize the User Forum only to answer questions, correct problems, and learn more about Jenbacher engine O&M tips and tricks. If everyone follows these Terms of Service and the User Forum Guidelines, then the User Forum should remain a fun and informative community.
The User Forum is an English language forum geared towards users of Jenbacher lean burn engine generator products and associated plant equipment. Use of the User Forum is governed by U.S. law.
You must be registered in order to access the User Forum and read the message boards. However, registration, login and agreement to these Terms of Service are required in order to post to the message boards and adjust user settings. Venture will handle all information received from you in accordance with Venture’s Privacy Statement.
When you register, you will also be asked to enter your personal information. Please keep in mind when choosing a nickname and filling out your profile that whenever you post to a message board your nickname, and a link to your profile and online status, will automatically appear with your post. (Note: Options to hide certain fields are available in the user profile.)
We may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a nickname, username or email address that is already being used by someone else, impersonates another person, belongs to another person (without his or her prior consent), violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or that we reject for any other reason at our sole discretion.
In consideration of your use of the User Forum, you agree that all information provided in your profile is accurate, true, current and complete. Venture may terminate your account if any of the information provided is found to be inaccurate, false, out of date, or incomplete.
Posting Content/ Sending Private Messages
Participation in the User Forum is governed by the Rules of Conduct set forth below and incorporated herein by reference. Messages sent by the Private Messages component are subject to all rules set forth in these Terms of Service. Note: Other users have the right to block Private Messages sent using the Ignore feature, or to turn off this feature altogether.
Deliberate attempts by you or someone on your behalf to evade or circumvent your suspension or termination of your rights to use the User Forum violates these Terms of Service, constitutes an unlawful trespass to Venture’ equipment and systems, and may result in legal action.
Rules of Conduct
By participating in the User Forum, including the posting of content and sending of Private Messages, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that:
1. Is not consistent with the permissible uses outlined by these Terms of Service;
2. Includes content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, profane, sexually explicit, obscene, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise objectionable;
3. Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
4. Constitutes advertising or promotion, junk mail, “spamming,” chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, including solicitation of lawsuits. Links that connect to commercial websites will not be considered unauthorized solicitations unless the link or the website content appears to be intended as a means of solicitation as determined by Venture in its sole discretion;
5. Contains software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware;
6. Provides any non-public information about Venture, Jenbacher or any other company or person without the proper authorization to do so.
7. Intentionally interferes with the operation of the User Forum or with a fellow user’s message box, without limitation, mail or “post” bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.
8. Impersonates any person or entity, including a Venture employee or forges any TCP-IP packet header, e-mail header or any part of a message header. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers.
9. Attacks or insults another Venture User Forum user or Moderator / Liaison;
10. Suggests or encourages illegal activity. Do not use the User Forum (including Private Messages) in any manner that violates federal or state antitrust laws or other laws regarding competition or trade. Do not discuss or use the User Forum to bring about, or attempt to bring about, any understanding or agreement among and between actual or potential competitors with regard to prices, terms or conditions of sale, distribution, volume of production, sales territories, customers, credit terms, or marketing practices. Do not post any information concerning bids or intentions to bid for particular opportunities, market shares, salaries, costs, profit margins, or any other topic which could have an adverse impact on competition or trade or could violate applicable laws and regulations. In addition, do not use the User Forum to solicit, encourage or agree with others to refrain from purchasing any materials, product, services or other supplies from any supplier or vendor or from dealing with any supplier or vendor; or
11. Violates U.S. export law, including, without limitation, the Export Administration Act and Export Regulations maintained by the Department of Commerce.
These additional rules are intended to set the User Forum’s tone and visitor expectations, in order to improve the User Forum experience. You hereby agree to abide by these additional rules.
Do not reveal information that you do not want to make public. Any personal information that you post can be obtained and used by others. Anything you post in the User Forum, you post at your own risk.
You use the User Forum at your own risk. In any online forum like the User Forum, it is not possible to be sure that other users are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated.
Please refrain from posting where you do not know the answer. Incorrect, misleading or incomplete responses do not help other users. Please feel free to respond to any post where you know the answer and you intend to contribute in a constructive way to the discussion. User Forum users have come to trust that they will get good answers. Please help build and maintain that trust.
User Forum Moderators/Liaisons do not respond to every post. The User Forum is a place for users to help users. User Forum Moderators/Liaisons will review the message boards, and respond at their discretion.
Be considerate and respectful to other users. Some User Forum users may be relatively new to Jenbacher lean burn engines, or forums such as the User Forum and may not have extensive knowledge of these areas. Belittling or insulting remarks are not conducive to the creation of a strong online community.
Release and Indemnification
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Venture is not a distributor of GE Jenbacher products or services, or any other OEM products or services. We are an independent Engineering & Construction firm and Venture is providing this User Forum as a helpful tool for Jenbacher lean burn engine users.
Most of the content posted to the User Forum and sent in Private Messages is provided by third parties like you. Such third-party content is the sole responsibility of the person originating that content. Venture does not control, and is not responsible for this third-party content.
Governing Law and Venue
THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE COMMENWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA AND ITS VALIDITY, CONSTRUCTION AND EFFECT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND ENFORCED PURSUANT TO THE SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OFPENNSYLVANIA. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT ALL LEGAL PROCEEDINGS IN CONNECTION WITH THE ENFORCEMENT, CONSTRUCTION, INTERPRETATION, BREACH OR VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO THE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS IN ALLEGHENY COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA AND THAT JURISDICTION AND VENUE ARE PROPER IN SUCH COURTS.