This is Venture Engineer’s Top 5 Reasons to Become an Engineer.
- The work engineers provide is always needed worldwide, so there are many great opportunities to travel and see the world.
- Being an engineer allows you to understand how and why things work. This can often lead to unique and rewarding scientific and technological discoveries.
- Engineering salaries remain high, and are typically well above median salary levels. Many engineering professions offer great benefits, perks, and company bonuses as well. This means that engineers are financially independent and stable during the duration of their careers.
- Working as an engineer, one will be faced with complex tasks, and the ability to continue to learn and be challenged as a professional. Throughout an engineers’ career, they will be exposed to on the job training and professional development that can enrich their lives and benefit their professional careers.
- Engineering allows you to help solve complex world problems and truly give back. Transportation engineers help create our roadways, manufacturing and operations engineers help to bring us products we rely on every day, and environmental engineers help to protect the world we live in. There are many other great examples, but these are simply a few of the ways in which engineers help to support our society.
Agree? Disagree? Have other reasons (why not expand this to a Top 10 list?!)?
Comment below or join our conversation on social media!